Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

V12 bonnet

xjexcess

V12 bonnet Empty Re: V12 bonnet

Post  xjexcess Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 am

there are quite a few on ebay

search 'xjs bonnet'

good luck
    TimHarding

V12 bonnet Empty V12 bonnet

Post  TimHarding Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi,

I have had the awful experience of a garage bumping our beloved 25 year old immaculate V12 XJS during its MOT.
    They had put car into 'D' and before he could reach the brake, the car had hit the garage wall at about 3mph.
    Unfortunately for me the bonnet was open at the time...they have admitted full responsibilty and so far I the bodyshop of my choice for the repairs has managed to scource all new parts (needs bumper, hinge (I think) and V12 grill) except a bonnet. David Manners has stated they can provide the new parts but obviously I don't want a 3.6 bonnet (you can still get these from new but only for a 3.6). So far I have drawn a blank on finding another decent bonnet - can anyone assist me here or advise on where one may lurk ?
    The car was bumped nearly six weeks ago and so I am obviously keen to get it repaired.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 am