Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

window wash fuse/relay

andy

window wash fuse/relay Empty window wash fuse/relay

Post  andy Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am

Hi, recently acquired my dream xjs v12 1990 - with a few problems - at the moment i'm having trouble with electrics. can anyone tell me where the fuse/relay is for the window washer? - Thanks Andy
    druwealbrecht

window wash fuse/relay Empty Re: window wash fuse/relay

Post  druwealbrecht Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 am

Hi Andy Did you solve the problem. I have the same as the entire system of window washer does not work. Best, Uwe
    andy

window wash fuse/relay Empty screenwash problems - xjs v12 5.3 he 1990

Post  andy Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:59 am

Well Uwe, after months of head scratching i've found that the window washer circuit uses the 'relay' & 'diode' situated above the radiator area. The relay is the round black one on the left (from the drivers viewpoint) & the diode is next to it. By messing around with a 'MULTIMETER' (I am an electrical idiot) and two long cables from the Positive & negative terminals on the battery I found that my 'earth' connection to the relay was no good (the earth circuit goes via the switch on the control stem to the relay)
    A new cable from the switch spliced into the green/black wire before it divides into two at the moulded connector (front left corner of the engine compartment) although may not be a recommended remedy - but my windscreen washer is now working!
    Hope this can be some help - any questions just ask. Andy

Sponsored content

window wash fuse/relay Empty Re: window wash fuse/relay

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm