Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Braking System

marmight
    marmight

Braking System Empty Re: Braking System

Post  marmight Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 am

You're very welcome Pug. Incidentally, a link to the Manual or "Bible" as it should be known as can be found on the XJS website at

http://www.xjs.org.uk/lit.htm

Cheers

Martin
    Pug

Post  Pug Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Martin, many thanks. I have downloaded the manual as you suggested and it provides a comprehensive description of how to change the accumulator. What an amazing manual, this is going to be very useful.
    Thanks again.
    Pug
    marmight
    marmight

Post  marmight Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Pug, two suggestions for you - firstly, ask your local garage in France as they seem to know about these things or...

You could download the XJS bible from here http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/Jaguar.html

Cheers

Martin
    Pug

Braking System Empty Braking System

Post  Pug Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am

I was advised by the local garage in France to install a new brake accumumlator sphere. I have bought one and note the warnings "Do not loosen or remove brake fluid at high pressure". I have checked the workshop manual and cannot find any reference to to this part. I have a 1989 XJS V12 Convertible. It was built for the US market and re-imported 12 years ago when I bought it and have kept her in France ever since.
    Would be obliged if anyone can advise the process I should follow.
    Thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:37 pm