Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please

Poll

Problem with Electric Hood

[ 0 ]
    Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Bar_left0%Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Bar_left0%Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    nigel jones

Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Empty Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please

Post  nigel jones Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 am

Hi can anybody help with my problem. The roof will not operate, fault diagnosed as being an electrical fault due to faulty ECM on pump unit. Changed ECM and still same fault. Can I please check the unit on someone elses car to help determine if this is a faulty unit or something different is faulty. To check this unit it is a simple pull out and push in connector and will take approx 5mins. Or would appreciate any help, I am located in swindon wilts thanks.
    jagcat12

Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Empty problem with electric hood

Post  jagcat12 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi
    had same problem and for me it was an easy fix ,the hood switch was faulty and swopped it for one of the electric window switches and away it went,best check this before you go digging deeper.
    Got a 2nd hand switch on e bay

cheers jagcat12
    nigel jones

Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Empty fixed it

Post  nigel jones Thu May 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Sorry for the late reply had already changed the hood switch, but found the problem at last it was the hand brake switch,when I disconnected it and hot wired it Hey Presto the hood flew into action......... Thanks for the reply though

Sponsored content

Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please Empty Re: Convertible Owners Up to 1989 help required swindon area please

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 pm