Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

Fuel pump relay

Bostonian

Fuel pump relay Empty Fuel pump relay

Post  Bostonian Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 am

I need some help here, I have an early V12 manual car and there's something that's not talking to the fuel pump relay and it's not triggering the fuel pump. I've wired the feed into the relay directly to the pump and up she fires !

So my question is, what the heck tells the fuel pump relay to run the pump ? Is the relay u/s or am I missing something to subtle for my poor old brain ? I've scrutinised the wiring diagram and the set up appears straight forward. I've tried substitution, in case the main relay isn't triggering the pump relay, but I am admittedly using old relays I have knocking about, so there's a doubt on that front. It occurs to me that there should be a pressure regulator that shuts the pump off when the fuel rail is fully pressurised and that might be the fault, that's not shown on the wiring diagram though. Anyway I gave up yesterday as the temperature in the garage just about finished me off. I will crack on at the weekend, but in the meantime all thoughts and advice would be gratefully recieved !!

Pete

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:50 am