Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

3 posters

Now there's lovely

nikolarun
    nikolarun

Now there's lovely Empty Re: Now there's lovely

Post  nikolarun Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 pm

LOL
    The Don
    The Don

Post  The Don Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 am

nikolarun wrote:Guys, who are you kidding, this forum is Dead ! come back to the other one

[MontyPython] It's not dead, it's just pining for the fjords [/MontyPython]
    nikolarun
    nikolarun

Now there's lovely Empty this forum is dead

Post  nikolarun Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Guys, who are you kidding, this forum is Dead ! come back to the other one
    STemplar
    STemplar

Post  STemplar Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 am

Are you just trying to make me jealous or something ? I've just moved apartment to place with no garage and no garden. I'm paying for 2 outside parking spaces and until the end of the month just using 1. I have my XJS safe in a bunker deep underground near my previous apartment which I'm still paying for until the end of this month.

All I want is a house with a double or triple garage, it's not much to ask is it ? But when the average terraced house goes for over €300k here it's going to be 18 years before I get one.

Actually, it's not all bad. My long suffering missus has found another underground bunker for the XJS (must think of a cool name for my silver beauty) today so I can drive from one bunker to the next in 3 weeks from now, then wait 6 months for weather to get warm and let the procrastination continue.
    The Don
    The Don

Now there's lovely Empty Now there's lovely

Post  The Don Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:43 am

Mrs Don is an amazingly understanding lady. Not only has she put up with my shennanigans for the best part of 20 years but she's also put up with living in a top floor flat for the last 18 years while I squander our hard-earned on unsuitable motor vehicles.

For the last few months we've been looking to move from Bristol across the bridge into South Wales. I've enjoyed the search process because it's been an excuse to get BAZarus out for a bit of exercise. On Saturday we saw the perfect place, 10 minutes from the bridge, double garage, workshop, off-street parking for several cars, no immediate neighbours (so I can swear as much as I like when I'm under BAZarus)......oh, and I believe that there's some kind of house there as well. Very Happy

The vendors want to complete in 28 days - that's fine with us - so in a month (or maybe two), with a bit of luck and no gazumping, we could be living in Welsh Wales. The best bit is that we'll be less than 5 miles from the spanner-wielding mate who went with me to London to pick up BAZarus in the first place.

I have been handed an ultimatum. Mrs Don insists that Magnus (my MGB GT) who hasn't turned a wheel in anger since 1997, is able to make it to the new house under his own steam. The garage around the corner has had him on their "to do" list for the last 18 months. They'll have to pull their fingers out !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am