Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics

Jazbar
    Jazbar

1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics Empty Re: 1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics

Post  Jazbar Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 am

I can send you wiring diagrams on pdf format. They are for the 4.0 facelift, but I wouldn't think the wiring would be that different.
    540itouring

1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics Empty Re: 1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics

Post  540itouring Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 am

hi , i am pleased that yu like the upgrade as i think it looks very good. I have so far just dome the climate panel but have replaced the bulbs in the trip computer for two larger leds with the series resistor to enable them to work off 12 volts. I will lookinto the dash lights later as i am working on a immobiliser fitting as i do not like the fact that the car could easy be stolen if the alarm was not switched on. This has taken me a lot of time searching circuits as i can not find the wiring joints in the loom i need.

I will do other projects on this car when i get the wiring finished and road test the brakes.
    Jazbar
    Jazbar

1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics Empty LED LIGHTING ON CLIMATE CONTROLS

Post  Jazbar Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:24 am

Hi it looks really good. Have you also done the backlighting for the instruments too?
    Does the dim adjust work ok with the LED's?
    Might consider doing the same thing.
    Jas.
    540itouring

1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics Empty 1994 climate control lighting LED Conversion with pics

Post  540itouring Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi , i have not long had my xjs and noticed that the climate control panel had very poor illumination and when i opened it up only had 6 lamps. I used surface mount leds which were very small and very bright and white light. The control panel film is blue so the back light is a blue shade and but i think it looks fantastic now. Please let me know what you think as i have posed some pics on this link for you to look at.

http://tinyurl.com/yc9qpnz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:06 am