Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

Rescued 1991 Rouge/Classic convertible

Matgz

Rescued 1991 Rouge/Classic convertible Empty Rescued 1991 Rouge/Classic convertible

Post  Matgz Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

I recently purchased a project from someone who had the car parked in his garage for the last 12 years. I have always loved the look of the XJS, especially the ragtop, and could not pass it up. The previous owner has removed the v12 (engine fire) and had intended on converting it to a Chevy Smallblock. (I am new to this but am quickly learning how sacriligeous this would be!) What I would like to do is replace the original 5.3 He with a 1994 6.0. Any suggestions or hints from anyone who has done this would be appreciated. The one modification I would like to do is to convert from auto to a 6-speed manual (the one are where Jaguar missed the boat on this car!)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 am