Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Rear valence side panels (both sides)

Jagman

Rear valence side panels (both sides) Empty rear valance fix!

Post  Jagman Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for your reply & costing(s) of the rear valance side panels...
    Unfortunately, as I only paid £500 for the car, £200+ seems excessive for me to effect this repair!
    However, I have sourced a rear (& front) fibreglass wrap-around bumper(s) which successfully cover the affected area & will hopefully allow me an mot?
    Although, further investigations led to the discovery of welding being required near to the rear radius-arm mountings both sides aswell...
    But, a good friend with a mig-welder & some steel has obliged here!
    So, with both electric windows now operational once more I,m nearly ready for mot time...
    Whatch this space!
    Regards,
    Geoff (Jagman)
    marmight
    marmight

Rear valence side panels (both sides) Empty Re: Rear valence side panels (both sides)

Post  marmight Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Available from David Manners at approx £120 and £90 depending on which side you want. I might be after a set as well, but I'm trying to get a pair of fibreglass ones made and if successful will post the details here - please be patient though, I don't get a lot of spare time Sad

cheers

Martin
    Jagman

Rear valence side panels (both sides) Empty Rear valence side panels (both sides)

Post  Jagman Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am

The panels that are beneath the rear bumper on both sides please? Thanks!

Sponsored content

Rear valence side panels (both sides) Empty Re: Rear valence side panels (both sides)

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 am