Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

3 posters

Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal?

alexpitt

Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal? Empty Re: Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal?

Post  alexpitt Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 am

I think its normal to experience that.I too had same thing.So there's nothing to worry about.

Airport Taxi Services
    intertype7

Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal? Empty Re: Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal?

Post  intertype7 Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 am

Sounds pretty normal. I went through a phase after buying my V12 when I got a crick in the neck from trying to look ahead and watch the temperature gauge at the same time. I'm nearly out of it... Smile
    AndyD

Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal? Empty Engine Temperature on shutdown - what's normal?

Post  AndyD Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:01 am

Would appreciate any help. I'm a new XJS V12 owner, never had one before and I'm still getting to grips with what's 'normal' for these cars. After switching off the engine of my XJS the cooling fan regularly continues to blow and the bonnet feels warm to the touch.

Should this happen routinely or is it indicative of a problem?

I've been watching the temperature guage and it doesn't stray from 'N,' nor do there appear to be any coolant leaks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm