Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

3 posters

New to the site

paul88

New to the site Empty Re: New to the site

Post  paul88 Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi! Welcome here.i am too new and its nice to know you.Hope you have a great time and enjoy the stay.

Jaguar Interior Parts
    OZZIE
    OZZIE

Post  OZZIE Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am

Hi Fraz, thanks for the reply and welcome.
    The 50,000 odd miles i did was completely pleasurable driving, i always used to comment that i would leave home on a Monday morning, drive 250 miles to my place of work and get out at the end of the journey feeling as if i had just driven from home to the corner shop. Then i would look forward to the journey home again on a Thursday night.
    I've often thought about how much i spent in petrol during the years of ownership, but then again, you don't buy a 5.3 litre V12 if all you're going to do is worry about the running costs do you? I know on my long journeys, the trip computer usually showed an average of 23 to 25 mpg which for that much comfort far outweighed the costs.
    Thought i was correct about the "for sale" section and i also got the impression that the site is'nt used as much as some other club sites.
    I will keep browsing the sales in the hope of seeing a decent one, but if any other member reads this and knows of a "current" cat for sale, i would be grateful for the word to be passed my way
    Fraz13

Post  Fraz13 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 am

Hi and welcome.

Nearly 50k in 4 years is a serious amount for a classic car lol

As for the "For Sale" section, this is a very slow forum, your lucky if there is a couple of new topics a week but best way is to just ask the seller the question. I do think if the car is sold the subject should be changed to sold or topic removed.

Good luck on your search.
    OZZIE
    OZZIE

New to the site Empty New to the site

Post  OZZIE Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 am

Hi to all--i'm Ozzie, based in Lytham St Annes and am on the look out for another XJS.
    I owned a beautiful 5.3 V12 for about 4 years from 2000 onwards-its reg was A20 DVS (anyone here recognise it?)
    It was 11 years old when i got it with only 37,000 miles and in the 4 years of ownership, because of the nature of my work, i put the mileage up to 86,000. The only trouble i had in all that motoring was a stone punctured the oil cooler matrix which i had to replace. (i remember the usual problem with the couplings to the matrix being seized/corroded due to the use of dissimilar metals--a common fault as i recall).
    One question i need an answer to--is the "cars for sale section" kept up to date--ie are the cars currently advertised still for sale?
    I would prefer to find my next cat from a club member and am hoping to be lucky in my search

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content