Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

3 posters

New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues!

marmight
    marmight

New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues! Empty Re: New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues!

Post  marmight Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 am

Hi Tim,

Madness strikes all of us eventually I suspect - lovely cars and such a low mileage!!! I see you have the perennial window switch problem - no cure that I know of except for new switches.

Not sure wherabouts in the country you are based, but if you are anywhere near any of our featured shows on the events page you will be more than welcome to join up with us. As for preparing, well it's up to the individual. I prefer Meguiars products - personal taste - some prefer Autoglym, it's up to you just keep on top of the cleaning and the time spent each time seems to get less and less. I no longer wash mine with the old hosepipe and bucket as I'm convinced this leads to extra rusting, especially down the roof channel drain holes that empty (well they should do) into the front wing space and out of the rear valences. Nine times out of ten, the front empties on to the inner wing square section which rusts away where you can't see it. On facelifts, it empties into the roof above the passenger side of the windscreen causing rusting from the top of the windscreen backwards - very long and tediously expensive job to reapir. In the rear the drain nozzles rust away causing the water to drain straight into the inside of the rear valences.
    I now use a spray bottle with a mixture of shampoo and water and then chamois it off straight away, cleaning one panel at a time.

Give your interior leather a good cleaning and feeding every six months.

Sorry about it being a bit quiet in here, we are going through the process of re-organisation and it will get busier soon...hopefully.

Cheers

Martin Gliddon

Vice Chairman

The Jaguar XJS Club

teebee51
    teebee51

New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues! Empty Hi there Facelift!

Post  teebee51 Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 am

Nice to have a reply - site seems to be a little quiet at the moment!

If you click on the link below you will see photos of my two pussycats plus the actor Nick Cage's E-Type re-built from scratch by my son-in-law, who has his own business in Ripley - (see thread entitled "New Business Venture in Derbyshire")

Regards

Tim Bradwell

https://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/teebee51/?albumview=slideshow
    Facelift

New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues! Empty Re: New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues!

Post  Facelift Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Only just joined and seen this thread so excuse the delayed response.

Sounds like a good find you got there, I suspect you payed a premium for it but well worth while. Sounds gorgeous.

I used to do the rounds at shows several years ago. Mostly in connection with my local JDC but if you haven't already just check out your local classic cars club as a starter.

F.
    teebee51
    teebee51

New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues! Empty New Acquisition - mid-life crisis continues!

Post  teebee51 Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 am

Hi again

Madness has again taken hold - after much deliberation I have just taken delivery of my second XJS - this time a dark blue 1992 5.3litre ragtop - 18 years in Japan, dry-stored - only 13k miles! The car is virtually unmarked, fully undersealed without a speck of the red peril - I decided I wanted a fun car to take to a few shows - it will certainly turn heads!

Any suggestions or tips on which shows to go for and how to prepare for showing would be much appreciated from you old hands out there

I will put some pics on the link below when I have time

thanx for reading

tim

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm