Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Hello There!

marmight
    marmight

Hello There! Empty Re: Hello There!

Post  marmight Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 am

Hi and welcome to the Club and Forum.

Tackling a subframe replacement is not a job for the faint-hearted so well done with that and all the other bits you are tackling.

The Club is going through some major changes at the moment so if things are a bit delayed, please bear with us - we'll get there eventually.

Hope to meet you at a future event - with or without your cat Smile

Cheers

Martin

Vice Chairman and Forum Moderator
    Facelift

Hello There! Empty Hello There!

Post  Facelift Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Have just signed up to the forum.

I have an 4.0L 1991 XJS Facelift which I have owned since 2001. It used to be my daily driver until the end of 2005 when I pulled it off the road to replace the front sub frame and suspension. The rust and the knocking noises when going over speed bumps just got too much.

Anyway I did the job myself, at home, out on the drive and a few others after that. As I needed a second car during this time to get around, my Jag became more of a spare car and I started thinking of it as a classic rather than the daily driver I was starting to take for granted!

I love the car and am hoping to get the 'A' frames and windscreen surrounds rebuilt in the summer as more corrosion has taken hold. I will be budgeting to have the work carried out by a garage, though I do have a mig welder now, which I am trying to teach myself to use.

F.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 am