Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

Climate control on 1993 4.0 litre auto

Cantab

Climate control on 1993 4.0 litre auto Empty Climate control on 1993 4.0 litre auto

Post  Cantab Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:05 am

My 1993 4 litre auto has a baffling climate control problem, on both heating and cooling phases. It works normally for about an hour's driving, and then the heating (or cooling) starts to diminish, until the controls have no effect at all - even the fan speeds cannot be changed, except position 4 on the fan speed switch still directs a blast of air to the windscreen. I end up with no heating or cooling and no airflow, except a very minor amount at ambient temperature. The temperature controls, either on manual or automatic, have no effect whatsoever at this stage. After switching off for about half an hour the system works OK again for a time.

The local Jaguar dealers have had several goes at the problem, but without success. Has anybody else had this problem - and found a solution?

Many thanks for any info.

Cantab.

I am surprised that no-one else has experienced this or a similar problem! Doesn't anyone have any ideas at all?

Last edited by Cantab on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no replies to initial post)

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am