Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

4 posters

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links

Snakey_Rob

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links Empty Re: Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links

Post  Snakey_Rob Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 am

Not sure I could navigate the triangular plate? Give me a round one anyday (you can fit more on!).
    Thanks for the info Don, I shall try and get some photos up of the new centre console going in.
    Jaguarman22
    Jaguarman22

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links Empty Re: Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links

Post  Jaguarman22 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 pm

there is some thing wonderful about a pie and peas Laughing

Last edited by Jaguarman22 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    johns6.0lV12
    johns6.0lV12

Post  johns6.0lV12 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

Still longing for some good Pie and Pea dishes Don.
    The Don
    The Don

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links Empty Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links

Post  The Don Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 am

Just a quick post about posting pictures.

Please note that to stop links and so on working in examples I have used a wavy bracket rather than a square bracket in the examples

The key to it all is the use of tags. A tag is a pair of square brackets with something in them. They come in pairs, an opening tag (for example [xxx]) and a closing tag (for example [/xxx]). Whatever is between the opening and closing tags will be affected by those tags. The simplest examples are probably the tags for bold if I put some text between {b} and {\b} (remember, I’ve used '{}' instead of []) it’ll turn out bold here is an example – if you “quote” this text you can see the tags.

The tags that are important for posting pictures are

• {URL} and {/URL} ] (remember, I’ve used '{}' instead of []) which allow you to embed a link
    • {IMG} and {/IMG} ] (remember, I’ve used '{}' instead of []) which allow you to embed a picture

If you put something like {url=www.bbc.co.uk}This is the BBC{/url} you will go to the BBC website when you click on “This is the BBC”

Example: This is the BBC

The way you embed a picture if the image is to enclose the web address of the picture in IMG tags, e.g. {IMG} http://www.cartype.com/pics/3573/small/jaguar_logo1.jpg {/IMG} (remember, I’ve used '{}' instead of []) so:

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links Jaguar_logo1

You can combine the URL and IMG tags to show a thumbnail image but allow the user to click through to the full image
    {URL = url for the full image{}IMG}url for the thumbnail{/IMG}{/URL]

Example with '{}' instead of '[]':
    {URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/532/31052008001.jpg/]
    {IMG}https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img532/4086/31052008001.th.jpg{/IMG{}/URL}

And for real

Posting Images - remember you have to be registered for a week to post links 31052008001.th

Most picture hosting sites will provide these links so you don't have to do the hard work. The ones I have seen are all much the same

1. Register
    2. Upload your pictures
    3. Copy the "Embed thumbnails" link into your post

If you "quote" this post you can see all the tags that have been used in here (including how to create bullet point and numbered lists, how to put things in italics and how to change the colour of the text

Good luck - pm me if you have any questions and I can always give you a call.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 3:45 pm