Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

5 posters

Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment

Fraz13

Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment Empty Re: Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment

Post  Fraz13 Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am

They look very shiney sunny

My car had them wheels standard but I wasnt a fan, All 5 of them look like new so I removed them and stored them away, I have them Lattice wheels on now and plan to do the polishing thing just on the rims when its a tad warmer. Not looking forward to the work involved though.
    J.E.D

Post  J.E.D Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 pm

When i got my xj-s the wheels were in a poor condition ,so i took it on myself to refurb them .After removing the tyres I applied a good coat of stripper to each wheel in turn working it well in with wire wool. I then pressure washed them ,i started to rub them down with wetndry paper using finer grades as i went ,instead of repainting them i polished the spokes and rims using an old electric drill with a polishing mop attatched using the plishing compound that came with the mops (bought as kit from screw ...u know who).I finally finished them off with loads of elbow grease and solvol,then repainted t affraid the black sections affraid looks good !!!
    Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment Fone1089
    Peter
    Peter

Post  Peter Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Sorted it, had them done by a firm in just silver and painted the black in myself. I made a descision to make my life easier and painted them gloss black rather than anthracite so fingers crossed they will look okay on the car.
    Pics soon.
    keith
    keith

Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment Empty star wheel

Post  keith Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Peter try a powdercoating firm i think they can do multipul colours
    TonyB
    TonyB

Post  TonyB Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:16 pm

nope sorry.

can't you do it yourself.
    Peter
    Peter

Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment Empty Starfish alloy wheel refurbishment

Post  Peter Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I love the starfish wheels used on 1981 to 1987 XJ-S'.

I have seen many restored but they all have been done one colour. The wheels originally were anthracite grey with silver rim and spokes.

Does anyone know anyone who will refubish in 2 colours?

Cheers. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm