Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

4 posters

Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S

The Don
    The Don

Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S Empty Re: Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S

Post  The Don Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:26 am

christoofar wrote:I am going out this afternoon to look for a sat nav and a new stereo head unit for it, I imagine that will not be easy!!!

The stereo in my 1989 XJ-S had a standard DIN sized slot so it was easy to find a unit to replace it. I paid a local car audio place to fit it, they used an adaptor and the fitting (parts and labour) was £25.

I bought a cheap head unit because I have water leaks near the dashboard. For £100 I got a Sony DSX-S100, it's perfectly adequate.

As for GPS, I have a Nokia smartphone so I just use that.
    STemplar
    STemplar

Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S Empty Re: Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S

Post  STemplar Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 am

Hi Chris

Nice looking car from the avatar photo. It's great to finally buy the car you've dreamed of. Trouble for me is that I've dreamt of so many cars........ Laughing

What sort of history, mileage, year has your car ? I guess you plan to use it as a fair weather car. Will you be making the repairs and services on it yourself ?
    Jaguarman22
    Jaguarman22

Post  Jaguarman22 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi will have a good chat when you setel down with your toy
    good luck and enjoy
    christoofar
    christoofar

Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S Empty Hello... New to the forum, just bought an XJR-S

Post  christoofar Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 am

Hi Everyone,

I juist wanted to say hi! I received my pack in the post this morning and was hoping to pick my XJR-S up today, but Arun Jaguar are closed :-( Its been there for a couple of weeks since I bought it having some minor items completed and getting it ready for shining in my garage!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Have wanted a Jaguar XJS since I was 12, and I finally bought myself one for my 40th birthday last month.

I am going out this afternoon to look for a sat nav and a new stereo head unit for it, I imagine that will not be easy!!!

I just wanted to post to say hi, and if anyone has any experience of the above I would love to hear from you, I will be searching through the archives to see whats already there!

All the best

Chris

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 am