Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Quarter Window stuck down

coleman998

Quarter Window stuck down Empty Re: Quarter Window stuck down

Post  coleman998 Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Jamin,

I've had a same problem but mine was stuck up.I was going to buy a new motor till I got a price. £179. no thanks I said, so I tuck the motor apart and found that the shaft was clogged up where the magnets make contact. It is a tricky job but well worth it. GOOD LUCK Wink

Adam
    JaminBennyJ

Quarter Window stuck down Empty Quarter Window stuck down

Post  JaminBennyJ Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 am

Just got my Dad's 1990 XJS convertible. Only 1 issue (at present) - the small window behind the right(US car passenger) is stuck in the down position.

I brought it by a dealer - he wanted $650 to replace the motor. Given what the car is worth, I've chosen to find other alternatives.

Is this a known issue? My dad says the ghost is doing it -and that the motor is NOT the issue. I suspect a loose wire.

How can I get at that motor? I am petrified of breaking the magnificent interior on this amazing car.

Thoughts?

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:17 pm