Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

2 posters

Jaguar Wheels

Ascot
    Ascot

Jaguar Wheels Empty Re: Jaguar Wheels

Post  Ascot Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks for the info, I wasn't looking to go bigger than 18", as I don't want to "Pimp my ride".
    Regards Lee.
    Jaggywag
    Jaggywag

Post  Jaggywag Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:21 am

Hi

Found a similar wall of silence last year when I was investigating the same thing!

I have fitted 18" Penta alloys to my Convertible Celebration. Added 5mm spacers all round as the front bearing will otherwise push through the centre caps. Advise Opitiflex or similar, but then I also fitted polybush kit, replaced and de-shimmed front coils and fitted new Bilstein shocks. On the rear I fitted XJR-S Bilsteins and coils from an earlier car which raise the ride height fractionally to counter a slight tendency for the rear tyres to kiss the inner arches on fast B roads.

Results are utterly extraordinary, both visually and in terms of handling.

In my opinion, going larger than 18" and not sticking to wheel designs of the approximate period is a mistake. But no doubt some purists would be offended by my work so far anyway!
    Ascot
    Ascot

Jaguar Wheels Empty Jaguar Wheels

Post  Ascot Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:55 am

Hello All,
    I have a 1994 V12, I was wondering if it would be possible to fit newer Jaguar wheels from another model. I don't know what the offset differences are and how it would affect the car's ride. Any info or advice welcome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:19 am