Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

5 posters

xjs cabriolet hood refurb

Jaguarman22
    Jaguarman22

xjs cabriolet hood refurb Empty Re: xjs cabriolet hood refurb

Post  Jaguarman22 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi there is a another company up your way http://www.aldridge.co.uk/
    there not cheap but good i have used them for my car the Q of work is usually good and there Warranty very good they fitted my hood in 1995 and it is still good
    graham669
    graham669

xjs cabriolet hood refurb Empty Cabriolet Hood cost

Post  graham669 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Graham, Laughing
    Another Graham here, how much did GB Trim charge you for your new cabriolet top, and did you get a quote from anybody else?

Regards,
    Graham.
    gadams

Post  gadams Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi all, tried renovo and is a very good product as long as the roof is not to far gone, unfortunatly my roof was to far gone, took it to GBTrim in Nuneaton in the midlands for a second opion basically said it was well past its sell by date something I had strongly expected, so have now taken the plunge and they are recovering the roof and Targa pannels and re-lining, pick it up next week.

Thanks

Graham
    marmight
    marmight

xjs cabriolet hood refurb Empty XJS Cabriolet Hood Refurb

Post  marmight Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi guys,

Try, www.frost.co.uk

Look for Renovo products. They are very good although a bit on the expensive side. worked wonders on a Merc (cough splutter) SL I used to own.

Cheers

Martin
    davidjones66

xjs cabriolet hood refurb Empty Cabriolet hood refurb.

Post  davidjones66 Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi Graham, I also have a Cab,the rear window is starting to fade & the roof panels could do with a bit of cleaning/colouring outside. Like yourself I'm dubious about what to use so if you get any info about a tried & tested product can you make sure the name/names of the products are shown on the site? Regards, Dave, Merseyside.
    gadams

xjs cabriolet hood refurb Empty xjs cabriolet hood refurb

Post  gadams Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi there,

wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? I have an xjs-c and the rear window is none see through anymore presumably due to sunlight, and the fabric is very faded and feels stiff although does still fold down, plus the headligning on the targa panels has/is breaking down. Have only owned this car for a couple of months and am looking to restore fully. Does anyone know of any companies that could help have googled and comes up with plenty of sugestions for full convertables but not cabriolets.

Many Thanks

Graham

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 am