Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts' Club XEC

This is the first independent UK classic car club totally dedicated to the Jaguar XJS and all Jaguar XJS Enthusiasts out there around the world WWW.XJS.ORG.UK

5 posters

WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE FOOTWELL

johns6.0lV12
    johns6.0lV12

WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE  FOOTWELL Empty Re: WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE FOOTWELL

Post  johns6.0lV12 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:50 pm

I had a similar leak driverside on a 96 celebration. It has a rubber rain channel which was basically too small and did not catch the rain coming from the windscreen scuttle.It then came down the A pillar inside the Sill carpet onto the floor.
    With the door open run some water off the roof so it drains down the windscreen channel and see if it meets up with the rubber channel.If it dosent you will see it running down and inside to the sill and carpet.
    robgee1964

WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE  FOOTWELL Empty Re: WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE FOOTWELL

Post  robgee1964 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:48 pm

There's lots of things which can cause wet footwells.

As the other poster remarked, AC condensate drains can block, but in this case the water lands on top of the carpet, and will be wettest near the transmission tunnel.

On my 6 cyl car, as well as others, it had rusted through near where the front wing sits on the scuttle. There's a concealed drain channel runs under here, so any perforation and the water can get through and into the car. It runs down the A post and comes out under the sound proofing pad, at the front of the footwell. So you get wet carpets underneath, and the front/side.

Its a real pain to fix as the wing has to come off.

Thats the worst place. Other things can include windscreen leaks, and rusted scuttle, under the windscreen metal trim.
    alienx

WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE  FOOTWELL Empty Water leaks into footwell

Post  alienx Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 am

Hi everone,

I registered just 5 minutes before so this is my first posting.

Concerning the leaks, you might find the answer in my Guide on Ebay UK under 'Personal Experiences with a Jaguar XJS'.
    rufus.1948

Post  rufus.1948 Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Peter

Had the same problem with my 1988 convertible traced the problem to blocked plastic drains that run down either side of the transmission from the ac evaporator had to clean these out with a length of wire from under the car this solved the problem for me. Hope it works for you.

Regards
    Rob
    peter fenton

WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE  FOOTWELL Empty WATER LEAK IN DRIVERS SIDE FOOTWELL

Post  peter fenton Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 pm

hi there new to this forum,i have a 95 xjs which seems to have quite a bad water leak into the drivers footwell i have heard they suffer with this ,any ideas before i start taking things to bits and lyeing in the footwell,not as young as i yoused to be ,getting in no problem its getting back out!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm